What is the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity?
Shopping for a highly capable pickup truck for your Cincinnati job site tasks and Covington weekend adventures? The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a top contender among local drivers, but is this light-duty pickup right for you? With a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity that reaches 13,400 pounds maximum and plenty of space in the truck bed, we think so!
Built with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and boasting a series of helpful towing features, the Silverado 1500 is one of the toughest trucks on the market. Learn more about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and features, below!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
There are five robust engines available for the 2020 Silverado 1500. Depending on your choice, the towing capacity will vary. Take a look:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: At the base-level is a 2.7L Turbo engine generating 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. With this engine, the Silverado towing capacity maxes out at 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With this option, your performance specs will clock in at 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. However, the towing capacity increases to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Upgrade to a V8 to enjoy 355 hp, 383 lb-ft of torque, and a towing capacity of 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: One step up is the 6.2L V8, generating 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. Opt for the RST trim level equipped with this engine, and you’ll reach the maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Does your Independence job require a diesel engine? If so, you’ll get 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, with a diesel towing capacity of 9,400 pounds.
Helpful Silverado Towing Features
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity ensures you get your equipment from point A to point B in one go, but it’s the helpful Silverado towing features that round out your trailering experience in Burlington:
- Trailering Package: Standard fare on the Silverado 1500, the Trailering Package equips your truck with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available as an upgrade, the Max Trailering Package offers add-ons like revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: Available for purchase are extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks, making for a safer, more confident towing experience.
Experience the Silverado 1500 Difference at Tom Gill Chevrolet!
Ready to upgrade your capabilities in Newport with the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity? Contact the team at Tom Gill Chevrolet to set up an appointment at our Florence showroom today. While you’re here you can compare the Silverado 1500 vs. Colorado to explore a mid-size option as well. Before you go, find out how you can benefit from the Tom Gill Advantage when you buy your new pickup with us.
More on the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
For Cincinnati drivers shopping for a rugged pick up with ample cargo capability, the 2020 Chevy Silverado bed size is the truck you’ll need to haul equipment to the Covington jobsite or camping supplies for a weekend away in Independence. Built to fit your individual needs, 2020 Silverado configurations offer multiple bed sizes. Tom Gill Chevrolet breaks…
Shopping for a highly capable pickup truck for your Cincinnati job site tasks and Covington weekend adventures? The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a top contender among local drivers, but is this light-duty pickup right for you? With a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity that reaches 13,400 pounds maximum and plenty of space in…
Thinking about upgrading your Cincinnati job site capabilities and weekend adventures near Covington with a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500? This light-duty pickup truck is capable of towing up to 13,400 pounds with tough V6 and V8 engine options, plus a well-appointed interior available in three cab styles. Before you can bring a new Silverado 1500…