2020 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity
When Cincinnati, OH drivers need a family SUV that’s ready for work, the 2020 Chevy Traverse answers the call. The new Traverse is built to haul, capable of towing up to 5,000 pounds. Add in the spacious, 7-passenger interior (that easily switches from moving people to cargo), and it’s clear why it’s a favorite at our Florence dealership. Check out the Traverse specs below for more.
Chevy Traverse Towing & Engine Specs
Your 2020 Chevy Traverse towing capabilities will depend on the engine:
- The standard 2.0L turbo four-cylinder has 257 hp, 295 lb-ft of torque, and a max towing capacity of 1,500 pounds.
- Upgrading to the 3.5L V6 raises the stakes a bit, with 310 hp, 266 lb-ft of torque, and a max towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Traverse Towing Features
Being able to tow confidently is about more than just the engine specs. The 2020 Chevy Traverse also has features that make towing easier, including:
- Tow/Haul Mode: This feature takes the guess work out of towing and increase your traction and control when a trailer’s attached — whether you’re around Covington or out in the wilderness.
- Rear Camera Mirror: Whether lining up the trailer or maneuvering it, it’s easy to feel like you just can’t see everywhere you need to. This special camera is built into your rearview mirror to display a wider field of view than a typical rearview camera.
Spacious & Clever Cargo Capacity
With seating for up to 7, the Traverse is obviously built for your family and friends, but you can easily fold down any combination of the rear seats to expand the cargo area. 2020 Traverse cargo capacity dimensions make it a leader in its class:
- Behind 1st-row: 98.2 cubic feet maximum
- Behind 2nd-row: 57.8 cubic feet maximum
- Behind 3rd-row: 23.0 cubic feet maximum
Mix and match with your camping gear or the kids’ sports equipment thanks to standards like the 60/40 split-folding third-row. Hidden storage options — like a compartment behind your touchscreen infotainment system and a rear underfloor storage space — and a hands-free liftgate make carrying cargo safe and convenient.
Find Your 2020 Traverse at Tom Gill Chevrolet
Now that you know how much easier the 2020 Chevy Traverse towing capacity and cargo specs can make your life, come see the SUV firsthand. Contact us to schedule a test drive today; we’ll show you how all of its tech features work, go over the Tom Gill Advantage, explore 2020 Traverse’s fuel economy, and help you weigh the Traverse against other SUVs — maybe an Equinox is more your style.
Learn More About the Traverse
The Traverse is among the most efficient midsize crossovers on the market! The new 2020 Chevy Traverse gets up to an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway to help you go further on every gallon of gas. This means you can take all your friends and family (and their baggage) along for the ride, wherever in…
Since you often travel to and from Cincinnati, OH with a substantial crew, you’ve checked out several full-size SUVs. Covington drivers have compared the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse to other models, and you understand the power and the ample space of the Traverse. If you need more information before making your decision, read the outstanding Chevy Traverse…
When Cincinnati, OH drivers need a family SUV that’s ready for work, the 2020 Chevy Traverse answers the call. The new Traverse is built to haul, capable of towing up to 5,000 pounds. Add in the spacious, 7-passenger interior (that easily switches from moving people to cargo), and it’s clear why it’s a favorite at our…