2021 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity
Searching for a SUV that you can use both for daily commutes in Florence on weekdays and for your outdoor recreational activities on the weekends? With the 2021 Chevy Traverse, you would need only one vehicle to do both! The 2021 Traverse can tow up to an impressive 5,000 pounds, and that is just the beginning of discussing its towing capabilities. Our team at Tom Gill Chevrolet is excited to tell you more about the 2021 Chevy Traverse towing capacity in detail and in examples of what this SUV can tow.
How Much Can a 2021 Chevy Traverse Tow?
Depending on the equipment you select, the 2021 Chevy Traverse towing capacity varies from 1,500 to 5,000 pounds. With the available trailering package, the 2021 Traverse can tow up to 5,000 pounds. However, if you don’t have the trailering package, the 2021 Traverse can only tow up to 1,500 pounds with front- or all-wheel drive.
What Can a 2021 Chevy Traverse Tow?
Now that we know how much a 2021 Chevy Traverse can tow, we can gauge what exactly a Traverse can tow. The answer will, once again, depend if the Traverse has the trailering package.
Without the available trailering package, you can expect the 2021 Traverse to tow anything less than 1,500 pounds. This will most likely be ideal towing within or near Cincinnati, OH. Some examples of what you can tow with this level of towing capability include:
- Select small camping trailers (consider items inside, as they will add to the overall weight)
- Pair of canoes
- Light rowboat
At the Traverse’s maximum capacity of 5,000 pounds with the package, a 2021 Chevy Traverse can tow more for trips farther away from Independence. This could include:
- Two motorbikes/snowmobiles
- Wider selection of single-axle, midsize camping trailers that can sleep up to four people and that can house on-board plumbing and kitchen appliances and occasionally restroom facilities
- Larger boats
2021 Chevy Traverse Towing Features & Engine Specs
In addition to how much a Chevy Traverse can tow, its engine and towing features also make it an excellent SUV for weekend road trips. There are seven trim levels (L, LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, RS, Premier, and High Country) available for the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse, and they all have a 3.6L V6 engine capable of 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
Furthermore, you will be able to drive smoothly on your road trips even while towing since the Traverse’s engine is connected to a 9-speed automatic transmission. Some towing features that the Traverse offers include:
- Available Trailering Package: With this package, you can hook up a trailer to the hitch at the back of the Traverse. The package also has a heavy-duty cooling system to ensure your engine won’t overheat even when it is working harder.
- Tow/Haul Mode: Tow confidently with the Tow/Haul mode included in the Driver Mode Control dial as the mode will automatically change the transmission shift points. This means that the transmission will be in a lower gear for longer to deliver more torque as you accelerate and the transmission will downshift to retain your speed easily as you travel downhill.
- Trailer Sway Control: During towing, the Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System can course-correct when it senses your trailer swaying.
Experience the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse Today at Tom Gill Chevrolet
Take the 2021 Chevy Traverse for a test drive in Florence to see how perfect it would be for your day to day commutes and your outdoor trips. Contact Tom Gill Chevrolet now and we will help you set up an appointment quickly. Feel free to also browse our Chevrolet special offers to get the best deal you can on your new Traverse!
Recent News From Tom Gill Chevrolet
With this SUV’s affordable price, you might think that the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer interior isn’t spacious and full of great technology and comfort amenities. Think again! The Chevy Trailblazer dimensions are plentiful, and the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer interior is well-equipped with features you might expect to be a lot more expensive. With seating for…
When you choose a 2021 Chevy Silverado for work and/or play in Cincinnati, OH, your Chevy Silverado bed size will be based on which type of cab you choose. Tom Gill Chevrolet has your guide to how to configure your truck, so you get the Chevy Silverado short bed size, standard bed size, or long bed size…
Are you wondering how many seats are in a Chevy Equinox? Or, are you curious about the 2022 Chevy Equinox interior colors? No matter what you’d like to know about the 2022 Chevy Equinox interior, Tom Gill Chevrolet is here with the answers! Take a look inside this five-seat crossover SUV that Cincinnati, OH drivers love, then…