5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
Gas is expensive. If you’ve had to fill up your new or used car in Florence lately, you know that it can feel like you’re emptying out your wallet putting fuel in your car. But there is good news. You can reduce the cost of driving by following these five simple steps to increase your fuel efficiency and get more out of every gallon.
Our Best Advice for Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: Stomping on the gas sends a burst of fuel into the system – much of which gets wasted. A more controlled acceleration uses less fuel and is easier on your engine. But a word of caution, accelerating too slowly will burn more fuel, so experiment to discover the best practice for your vehicle.
- Pay Attention: Planning your maneuvers ahead of time helps to avoid rapid acceleration and jackrabbit stops that waste fuel.
- Plan Your Errands: If you must go out and run errands, plan ahead to minimize backtracking and multiple stops that can use up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Coasting to a stop rather than hitting your brakes at the last moment saves on fuel, and it reduces wear and tear on your braking system.
- Obey the Speed Limit: Obeying the posted speed limit is not only a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency at speeds below 50 mph, so keeping it under the redline is good for your pocketbook, too.
Other Tips to Help You Save
Being careful about how you drive your used or new vehicle is always a good idea, but it’s not the only way to be a more fuel-efficient driver:
- Use the AC: Using the air conditioner at highway speeds reduces drag and can improve and fuel economy.
- Watch Your Tire Pressure: Adequate tire pressure reduces wear and tear on the vehicle and helps to improve fuel economy.
- Limit Ethanol: High ethanol gasoline hurts fuel efficiency because it takes more ethanol to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Making the Drive More Fuel Efficient
With these easy tips, we know your Cincinnati commute will be better for both your vehicle and the environment, whether you’ve just bought a new car or you’ve been driving one around for some time.
More from Tom Gill Chevrolet
The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado is a midsize pickup, but delivers towing capabilities that are sure to impress just about any Florence truck shopper. Properly equipped, the new Chevy Colorado has a maximum towing capacity of up to 7,700 pounds. Choosing this hard-working pickup truck will give you access to the power you need to…
Looking for a spacious, stylish, and well-equipped midsize sedan for sale near Cincinnati, OH? Look no further than the 2020 Chevy Malibu, available today here at Tom Gill Chevrolet! The Chevy Malibu boasts a modern high-tech interior and attractive, sleek exterior. Learn more about the Chevy Malibu inside space and specs with us by reading more. Then, contact…
Searching for a spacious new full-size truck for sale near Florence? Look no further than the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 from Tom Gill Chevrolet! This capable full-size truck has so much to offer Cincinnati, OH and Covington drivers alike. Considering competitors? Compare the Silverado to its main competitors below: 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 vs. GMC Sierra 1500 2020…