2015 Chevy Colorado vs. 2015 Toyota Tacoma
There is a reason that the 2015 Chevy Colorado was named the Motor Trend Truck of the Year: it offers a blend of competence, capability, style, and comfort that no other truck on the market can deliver. To illustrate just how much this pickup stands out and why it’s a smart choice for any truck enthusiast, we have compared it head to head with the similar 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
Learn how they stack up, and you’ll have no trouble deciding which vehicle you would rather own. When you’re ready to take a test drive, make the short drive from Cincinnati to check out the Colorado at Tom Gill Chevy in Florence.
- Four-Cylinder Trucks: With a four-cylinder engine, the Colorado is rated at 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. The Tacoma is rated the same 19 mpg in the city, but only 24 mpg on the highway.
- V6 Trucks: The difference is even clearer with a V6 engine installed. The Colorado is rated at 18 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway while the Tacoma falls fall short with ratings of only 17 mpg in the city and a lackluster 21 mpg on the highway.
- Base Engines: The 2.5L four-cylinder base engine in the Colorado puts out 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, while the 2.7L four-cylinder base engine in the Tacoma musters only 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque.
- Top Performance: The stronger 3.6L V6 engine available for the Colorado puts out 305 hp and 269 hp, while the 4.0L V6 available for the Tacoma reaches only 236 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing Capability: When properly equipped, the Colorado has a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds. The Tacoma tops out at only 6,500 pounds.
The 2015 Chevy Colorado Can’t Be Beat
In all the categories that really matter—price, capability, reliability—the 2015 Chevy Colorado delivers more than the 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Not only that, it delivers more than any other mid-sized pickup, and a lot of full-sized pickups too. Find out why so many drivers and critics are raving about the Colorado by visiting Tom Gill Chevy at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY. We are less than 20 minutes south of Cincinnati, right off of I-71 across from the City of Florence Golf Course. Visit us seven days a week to tour and test drive the 2015 Chevy Colorado.