2017 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2017 Chevrolet Traverse Interior Design and Features
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
In the competitive world of crossover SUVs, you must be special to stand out. Both the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse achieve this with stunning interior design and high-grade features that connect drivers to the content they really care about. Check out our comparison of these two capable SUVs to see which one offers the amenities you and your family need. Once you’re satisfied with your choice, drop into Tom Gill Chevrolet and slip behind the wheel of the winner.
- Performance Audio: The Chevy Equinox features a standard six-speaker audio system, but drivers can upgrade to the Pioneer premium audio system with subwoofer. The Chevy Traverse’s standard music system can be upgraded to a Bose 10 speaker sound system for crystal-clear audio from any source.
- MyLink: Both crossovers can be equipped with the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system that offers smartphone connectivity via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto functions for access to hands-free calling, music streaming, maps, news, weather, and more.
- OnStar: Chevrolet offers access to OnStar in every one of its vehicles. The system gives drivers options like concierge and roadside assistance service, as well as automatic crash notification on properly equipped vehicles, and Wi-Fi connectivity for up to seven compatible devices.
- Navigation: Both vehicles offer access to an optional GPS-guided navigation system for real-time traffic and turn by turn directions.
- Entertainment: Traverse drivers can opt for the available rear seat entertainment center with DVD player, remote control, overhead display, and two-channel wireless infrared headphones.
- Power seating: The Equinox and the Traverse both offer eight-way power adjustable driver seats with optional memory settings for a custom fit that can be shared with more than one driver.
- Climate control: The Equinox as optional automatic climate control to allow drivers to set their preferences and forget about them. The Traverse can be equipped with automatic tri-zone climate control to ensure the comfort of passengers both front and back.
- Bluetooth: Both crossovers offer Bluetooth connectivity for convenient hands-free calling from any compatible device.
- Sunroof: The Equinox has an optional power sunroof to let the daylight in even during gloomy winter months, while the Traverse offers an optional Dual SkyScape sunroof with power front panel and fixed rear panel.
Both the 2017 Chevy Equinox and the 2017 Chevy Traverse are designed with comfort and convenience in mind. The front center stacks offer intuitive access to the most frequently used features such as audio and climate control while the multifunction steering wheels present redundant controls for audio, calling, and cruise control. The Equinox offers a spacious interior designed to comfortably seat five adults, while the larger Traverse offers the space and features to accommodate up to eight.
Whether you need a nimble people-mover designed to navigate busy city streets with ease, or you and your crew need something larger, Chevy’s well-designed SUVs have you covered:
- 2017 Chevy Equinox: The compact Chevy Equinox is by no means cramped. Passengers get 99.7 cubic feet of seating space with 31.5 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the rear seats. Drivers can expand this cargo area up to 63.7 cubic feet by folding down the second row of seats.
- 2017 Chevy Traverse: The mid-sized Chevy Traverse is ideal for those who require just a bit more, delivering 150.8 cubic feet of passenger volume with 24.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third-row seats. This available space is expandable to 70.3 cubic feet with the third row laid down and a maximum of 116.3 cubic feet with both rows of passenger folded.
Which Model is Right for You?
No matter which one of these appealing SUVs you choose, you’re getting an attractive, capable, and comfortable ride. Choosing the right one for your needs depends entirely on how you plan to use your vehicle:
- If you need a compact crossover with plenty of room for five, a spacious rear cargo area, and an impressive array of standard and available features, the Chevy Equinox is an excellent choice.
- If you prefer something larger, with enough room for eight, abundant flexible cargo space, and access to an advanced Bose audio system, the Chevy Traverse might be worth a look.
Get Behind the Wheel of Your Favorite Chevy Crossover Near Florence, KY and Covington KY at Tom Gill Chevrolet
Relax in the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox or the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse interior and learn how you can upgrade your commute today. Contact Tom Gill Chevrolet at 859-371-7566 or visit us at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY to schedule a test-drive.