The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comes thoroughly refreshed over the last model year. Taking cues from its high-performance past while building toward the future, the new Silverado provides capabilities like never before:
- The front fascia has been redesigned to reflect current trends and now features advanced LED headlights and taillights.
- Three new colors are available, including two new shades of red.
- New technologies include HD radio, an updated infotainment system, wireless charging for smartphones, and a remote locking tailgate.
The Silverado has always been a pickup built to perform. When you require a vehicle that can meet and exceed the demands that come up daily, weekly, or only once a year, expect the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 to rise to the challenge.
- Engines: The base engine is a 4.3L V6 that puts out 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. That is enough power to tow 7600 pounds. Also available is a 5.3L V8 that ups the power ratings to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 11,100 pounds. And for max power, there is a 6.2L V8 that can produce 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque and tow a best-in-class 12,000 pounds.
- Transmissions: The standard transmission is an electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive. The transmission features a tow/haul mode, powertrain grade braking, and cruise grade braking. Also available on select trims is a high-performance eight-speed automatic transmission.
- EPA-Estimated MPG: With the 4.3L engine expect to get up to 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway. The 5.3L engine gets up to a best-in-class 16 mpg city and 23 mpg highway, while the 6.2L engine tops out at 15 mpg city and 21 mpg highway.
Trims and Features
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado is available in your choice of eight different trims, each of which comes equipped with a long list of standard features and advanced technologies. These are a few of the highlights:
- OnStar: This telematics system automatically connects you with emergency responders and roadside assistance providers when necessary. It also doubles as a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection that can extend Internet access to seven devices at one time.
- Chevrolet MyLink: Use a single, simple interface to access streaming radio, make hands-free calls with Bluetooth, look up directions, and utilize popular apps.
- Wireless Charging: Rather than dealing with a tangle of cords, simply place your phone on the charging pad and keep it fully juiced up at all times.
- Advanced Safety: Features like a forward collision alert, high beam assist, and front and rear parking aids help you avoid common roadway hazards.
Critics can see that the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado was built with the driver in mind.
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado takes a traditional truck path but counters that with a comfortable, refined interior and a mother lode of technology.”
- Car and Driver: “The Silverado is an honest tool, simple and effective. Need a full-size pickup be anything more?”
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado is available is a variety of body styles, allowing you to configure your pickup to your specific requirements.
- Cabs: The regular cab seats three, the double cab seats six, while the crew cab also seats six and includes full-size doors and seats in back.
- Beds: The short box is 69.33 inches long and offers 53.4 cubic feet of volume. The standard box is 78.87 inches long and offers 61.0 cubic feet of volume. Finally, the long box measures 97.77 inches long and can accommodate 76.3 cubic feet.
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado is Waiting for You at Tom Gill Chevy
As you can see, there is not a lot that this pickup can’t do. When you need something that won’t let you down, the latest 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 is something you can rely on. Inspect it in person by heading to Tom Gill Chevrolet at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY. We are only 15 minutes from Cincinnati and located right off of I-71 South at exit 181. Look for our full-service dealership right across the highway from the City of Florence Golf Course, and contact us if you have any questions before your visit!