The list of changes for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is not huge, but there are some interesting improvements over last year’s version. The previously optional 3.6L V6 engine has been completely redesigned to deliver more power, and it is now paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission for a more refined driving experience. An available four-wheel drive selector knob gives you even more control over your ride. New features include Teen Driver settings that allow you to set limits on unfamiliar drivers, as well as heated seats available on a larger number of trims. Finally, the new ZR2 trims comes loaded with features and enhancements designed specifically for driving on the roughest off-road conditions.
The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado remains one of the best values in the pickup market:
- Extended Cab, Long Box: MSRP starting at $20,995
- Crew Cab, Short Box: MSRP starting at $26,575
- Crew Cab, Long Box: MSRP starting at $28,245
Because the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado is available with three distinctly different engine options, you can build it to drive exactly the way you prefer:
- Engines: The base engine is a 2.5L four-cylinder that puts out 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. You can upgrade to a 2.8L diesel four-cylinder with ratings of 181 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. The most overall power comes from an all-new 3.6L V6 that generates 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing and Payload: Towing is rated as high as 7,700 pounds, and max payload stretches all the way to 1,516 pounds.
- Transmissions: The 3.6L engine is paired with an eight-speed transmission. The other two engines are available with this drivetrain but come standard with a six-speed automatic. Both rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are available in any configuration.
- Efficiency: Superior gas mileage is a big part of the appeal of mid-sized pickups over their full-sized counterparts. The 2017 Colorado can get up to 22 mpg city and 30 mpg highway when you have the diesel engine under the hood.
The Colorado comes loaded with standard and optional features that help ensure every trip you take is safe, comfortable, and convenient for all. Here are some of the standout technologies:
- Smartphone App Integration: Since the Colorado is available with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you can take advantage of your favorite smartphone apps to enhance your drive.
- Chevrolet MyLink: This intuitive system puts all your information and infotainment at your fingertips so that you can find exactly what you need with fewer distractions.
- 4G LTE: The OnStar system includes a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection that up to seven devices can connect to at once. No matter where you are, traveling you can stay connected.
- myChevrolet Mobile App: A simple app on your phone lets you stop and start the engine, lock and unlock the doors, check out vehicle diagnostics, and even show you where your pickup is parked.
- Advanced Safety Features: Thanks to a forward collision alert and lane departure warning system, you have powerful tools to avoid accidents rather than simply survive them.
The critics like the Chevy Colorado better than ever:
- The Car Connection: “Don’t quite need a full-size truck? The Chevrolet Colorado makes a compelling case for the way most of us truly use our pickups.”
- Car and Driver: “The quiet, clever, and capable Colorado offers nearly as much utility as full-size pickups—minus the lane-hogging size.”
- Motor Trend: “That car-like nature makes the Colorado easy to maneuver in parking lots, tight spaces, or when backing to hitch a trailer — in spite the Colorado’s true physical size, which is not much smaller than the full-size trucks of the 1990s.”
Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet to take the 2017 Chevy Colorado for a Ride
See what the updated 2017 Chevrolet Colorado can do at Tom Gill Chevrolet, located at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY. We are just 15 minutes from the heart of Cincinnati and easy to find by taking I-71 to exit 181. If you would like to schedule a test drive or ask questions, please contact us.