Explore the Impressive 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe’s Changes
A time-tested vehicle gets a makeover for 2016. In exploring the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe, changes on the new model make it even better than ever. New perks include:
- Updated OnStar with 4G LTE WiFi hotspot capability
- Improved Chevrolet MyLink system with Apple CarPlay capability
- New standard 8-inch color touchscreen interface
- New safety features
- Available heads-up display with digital readouts
A Feast of Features
The new 2016 Tahoe blends old and new with its throwback truck-based design coupled with a host of cutting-edge features.
Recent improvements to the popular Tahoe include a quieter interior; posh new design elements; and a flat-folding third-row seat. Other features include:
- 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine with 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque
- EPA-estimated 23 highway mpg
- 8,600-pound towing capability on the two-wheel-drive model; 8,400 pounds for the four-wheel-drive model
- 0-60 mph in 7.1 seconds on the two-wheel-drive model; 0-60 mph in 7.3 seconds on the four-wheel-drive model
- Various SUV seating configurations
- Up to 94.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Acoustic-laminated windshield, triple-sealed inlaid doors, added dash insulation, and thicker floor barrier for a quieter ride
Enhanced Safety Lineup
Added safety features make the 2016 Tahoe even more secure than ever before, such as a class-exclusive front center airbag that protects drivers and passengers on all sides.
Other safety features include:
- Seven airbags
- Rear vision camera
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward collision alert
- Front Park Assist
- Available Crash Imminent Braking technology
- Adaptive cruise control
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- High-strength steel safety cage
- Antilock disc brakes
- Traction control
- Stability control with trailer-sway control
- OnStar Advisor services
- Available OnStar Automatic Crash Response system
- Safety Alert Seat with directional seat vibrations
Compared to past Tahoe incarnations, the interior look of the 2016 models is perceptively posher, employing materials that convey a more luxurious appearance and feel.
The controls and gauges in the 2016 Tahoe are easier to read and more intuitive to operate, with crisper graphics and easier-to-navigate menu commands on the 8-inch color display screen. The new Apple CarPlay smartphone integration system is also an impressive addition.
Comfortable seating in the new Tahoe will keep vehicle occupants cozy, even on long trips. The second-row seats are also comfortable and spacious. The vehicle’s third row has a power-folding feature and, with its low mounting position, is ideal for child passengers.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe
Check out the all-new 2016 Chevy Tahoe at Tom Gill Chevrolet. Come in or contact us today to schedule a test drive and discover all the great elements the new Tahoe brings to the road.