The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Performance Features
The Chevy Bolt—already named the 2017 Motor Trend “Car of the Year,” “North American Car of the Year,” and the “2017 Green Car of the Year” by Green Car Journal— is clearly destined for greatness. It plans to achieve that thanks to an industry-leading all-electric range, impressive power to the drive wheels, and the ability to charge in minutes – not hours like the rest of the field. Learn why the 2017 Chevy Bolt performance features are bound to make it the premier choice for eco-conscious Florence and Covington drivers, then get down to Tom Gill Chevrolet and see it in action yourself.
The Bolt is powered by an all-electric drive unit that offers 200 hp and 266 lb.-ft. of peak torque, which translates to acceleration from 0-60 mph in just 6.5 seconds – unheard of for an electric vehicle at this price point.
This engine is paired with a 7.2 kW high-voltage on-board electric battery charger, which provides drivers with an option for fast-charging of the 60 kWh lithium-ion battery, for increased range of up to 238 miles on a full charge when recently tested by the EPA and other organizations – more than a hundred miles greater than similar vehicles.
Other Performance Features
The Bolt provides a powerfully efficient ride thanks to the abundance of performance features Chevy has equipped the dynamic compact with, including these:
- Regen on Demand: By using a simple paddle on the steering wheel, drivers can recapture some of the energy lost by the Bolt when slowing, increasing the vehicle’s range and helping to save wear on the braking system.
- One-Pedal Driving: When drivers choose the Low mode for driving, they can slow the vehicle simply by letting up on the accelerator, helping to further increase the vehicle’s potential range.
- Precision Shift: The precision electronic shifter allows drivers to select gears and shift seamlessly and smoothly, eliminating the jarring sensation associated with shifting, and saving cabin space.
- StabiliTrak: The stability control system applies power to the outside wheels to prevent slipping during more difficult driving conditions.
- Advanced Braking: To provide exceptional stopping power, the Bolt is equipped with 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, as well as an electronic parking brake which can be activated with the push of a button.
- Power Steering: The non-variable electric power steering system delivers increased power during low-speed driving, reducing power when the vehicle is cruising to save even more energy.
- Performance Suspension: To ensure a smooth, comfortable ride, the 2017 Chevy Bolt is equipped with Chevy’s innovative performance ride and handling suspension, which better absorbs the bumps of modern road driving.
- Front Wheel Drive: The Bolt is equipped with front-wheel drive to ensure the driver has complete control over the front wheels where the power is, this allows for better control during all driving conditions.
Explore the 2017 Chevy Bolt Performance Features on a Florence or Covington Test-drive
To see how the 2017 Chevy Bolt performance features can elevate your Florence and Covington commute, contact Tom Gill Chevrolet at (855) 977-0189 or see it in person at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY.