2017 Chevrolet Colorado Safety Design and Features
Built to excite, the capable 2017 Chevy Colorado does more than just look pretty. This light truck offers advanced safety design and state-of-the-art features that keep Florence and Covington drivers secure under any conditions. Learn about the many ways Chevrolet engineers keep the people that mean the most to you secure, then stop by Tom Gill Chevrolet just outside of Cincinnati to see the new Chevy Colorado in action. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
The best way to keep cabin occupants safe in an accident is to prevent it from happening in the first place. To that end, the 2017 Chevy Colorado is loaded with accident prevention features engineered to keep drivers out of trouble:
- Rear Vision Camera: Not only a convenient tool for hooking up to a trailer for a day in the outdoors but the rearview camera system also makes it easy to avoid obstacles to the rear of the truck.
- Forward Collision Alert: Sensors monitor the area to the front of the vehicle using audible and visual alarms to alert the driver to oncoming hazards.
- Lane Departure Warning: Drivers receive an alert if onboard sensors detect the vehicle leaving the lane without signaling allowing for a quick correction if needed.
- StabiliTrak: The standard stability control system selectively applies the brakes if it detects slippage, helping the driver maintain control of the vehicle during even the most challenging driving conditions.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: The standard tire pressure monitoring system keeps track of pressure in all four tires, alerting drivers to changes that might impact traction or fuel efficiency.
- Teen Driver Mode: Drivers can customize selected vehicle settings such as audio volume and speed limit, as well as turning on optional safety features, provide pre-programmed alerts if limits are exceeded, mute the audio until front occupants are buckled up, and view a report card that shows how new drivers are doing behind the wheel.
If accident prevention isn’t possible, drivers can rely on advanced passenger protection features to mitigate the potential damage a collision may cause:
- Advanced Airbags: Dual-stage front airbags and head curtain and seat-mounted side-impact airbags prevent harm to cabin occupants in the event of a collision.
- Steel Safety Cage: The extensive use of high-strength steel in the vehicle’s construction, as well as strategic front and rear crumple zones, help to keep the cabin intact in the event of an accident, reducing the likelihood of serious injury for interior passengers.
- OnStar: The OnStar system can provide convenient features like directions, and access to roadside assistance, as well as giving drivers access to Automatic Crash Response which, when properly equipped, can notify emergency services of the vehicle’s location, even if the driver cannot respond.
The 2017 Chevy Colorado Safety Design and Features Protect Florence and Covington Drivers
To learn more about the many ways the 2017 Chevy Colorado safety design and features defend Florence and Covington drivers, contact Tom Gill Chevrolet at (855) 977-0189 or visit us at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY.