The Fully Redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
Fully redesigned this year, the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is offered with three commanding powertrain options, including a turbo-diesel inline-four. This model will boast a lighter bodyweight, an abundance of high-tech features, and excellent early GM-estimated fuel economy ratings. See what we know at this point about the all-new crossover from Chevy.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox features a fully redesigned exterior, shedding 400 pounds over the model it replaces and adding stylish and aerodynamic sculpted sheet metal that makes a real impression. You’ll also get LED daytime running lights. The interior features a fully integrated center stack and a dual-cockpit design, along with plenty of soft-touch materials and available leather upholstery.
Performance and Fuel Economy
The decreased weight and increased aerodynamics of the 2018 Equinox help this small crossover get outstanding fuel economy and strong output from a trio of sophisticated engines:
- 1.5L Turbo Engine: The base engine on the Equinox comes with a six-speed automatic transmission, makes 170 hp and 203 lb-ft of torque, and gets an 31 mpg highway, according to GM estimates.
- 2.0L Turbo Engine: Mated to a new nine-speed automatic transmission, the turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine increases output to a robust 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, which helps it tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- 1.6L Turbo-Diesel Engine: The first turbo-diesel engine on a small Chevy crossover, this engine comes with a six-speed automatic and makes 136 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. GM estimates that it will get an impressive 40 mpg highway.
Your experience inside the new Chevy Equinox will include access to an abundance of high-tech features, including:
- Safety Tech: Advanced safety features inside the Chevy Equinox include Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, a Safety Alert Seat, and a Surround Vision Camera.
- Chevy MyLink: This advanced infotainment system comes with smartphone app integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- OnStar: In addition to emergency roadside assistance automatic crash notification, this system comes with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection that turns your vehicle into an Internet hotspot.
Test Drive the New Chevy Equinox Soon in Florence, KY
The redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Equinox has not yet arrived at Tom Gill Chevrolet, but it will soon. In the meantime, get your hands on the outstanding 2017 Chevrolet Equinox while it’s still here at our dealership near Cincinnati at 7830 Commerce Dr. in Florence, KY. Feel free to contact us with questions.