2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity & Towing Features
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds, as well as a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. With the hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and available towing features like towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks, it’s considered one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks Cincinnati drivers can buy. Learn more about the 2019 Silverado 1500 towing capacity and features at Tom Gill Chevrolet! Explore the 2020 Silverado 1500 towing capacity here.
Towing Capacity Per Engine
These strong engines are the foundation of the new Silverado 1500 model’s impressive towing capacity and performance:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine produces 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This base engine is standard, providing 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 12,200 pounds. Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,600 pounds.
The 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to handle any job thrown at it, so it makes sense that it provides lots of features that make towing and hauling easy. A few highlights include:
- Trailering Package: This standard package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevrolet Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Covington.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Tom Gill Chevrolet
Are you ready to experience the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in action? At Tom Gill Chevrolet, we’ll go over the towing capabilities, the Chevy Durabed and truck bed sizes, and the different Silverado configurations before taking your pick out on a test drive. At Tom Gill Chevrolet, we know exactly how to narrow your search and get you behind the wheel of the Silverado best suited for you. Have any questions? Contact us today!
Learn More at Tom Gill Chevrolet
For Cincinnati drivers shopping for a rugged pick up with ample cargo capability, the 2020 Chevy Silverado bed size is the truck you’ll need to haul equipment to the Covington jobsite or camping supplies for a weekend away in Independence. Built to fit your individual needs, 2020 Silverado configurations offer multiple bed sizes. Tom Gill Chevrolet breaks…
Since you often travel to and from Cincinnati with a substantial crew, you’ve checked out several full-size SUVs. Covington drivers have compared the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse to other models, and you understand the power and the ample space of the Traverse. If you need more information before making your decision, read the outstanding Chevy Traverse…
Most drivers who notice an oil leak dripping or puddling beneath their car are going to think the worst. While you should always investigate an oil leak so you don’t suffer engine damage or a breakdown around Cincinnati, many of the causes are simple and easy to fix. One of the easiest to identify is…