2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity & Towing Features
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds, as well as a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. With the hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and available towing features like towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks, it’s considered one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks Cincinnati drivers can buy. Learn more about the 2019 Silverado 1500 towing capacity and features at Tom Gill Chevrolet! Explore the 2020 Silverado 1500 towing capacity here.
Towing Capacity Per Engine
These strong engines are the foundation of the new Silverado 1500 model’s impressive towing capacity and performance:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine produces 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This base engine is standard, providing 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 12,200 pounds. Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,600 pounds.
The 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to handle any job thrown at it, so it makes sense that it provides lots of features that make towing and hauling easy. A few highlights include:
- Trailering Package: This standard package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevrolet Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Covington.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Tom Gill Chevrolet
Are you ready to experience the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in action? At Tom Gill Chevrolet, we’ll go over the towing capabilities, the Chevy Durabed and truck bed sizes, and the different Silverado configurations before taking your pick out on a test drive. At Tom Gill Chevrolet, we know exactly how to narrow your search and get you behind the wheel of the Silverado best suited for you. Have any questions? Contact us today!
Learn More at Tom Gill Chevrolet
The 2020 Chevy Trax interior is every bit as comfortable as it is practical. With a large cargo hold, a roomy passenger area with plenty of modern technologies, and seating for up to five of your best friends or family members, the Trax interior is a great place to spend time on cross-town adventures from…
Looking for stellar fuel economy, intuitive tech features and sleek design details in your next SUV? Inside and out, the 2020 Chevy Equinox has what you’re looking for on your Cincinnati drives. This family-friendly SUV delivers plush cabin materials and easy-to-use convenience features — without sacrificing style. In the guide below from Tom Gill Chevrolet, check out…
The 2020 Chevy Equinox gets rave reviews from Cincinnati drivers for its comfort and style. Even better, the four Chevy Equinox trim levels offer a wide range of amenities and prices that fit every budget. Take a look at the Chevy Equinox trim levels, and compare the LS vs. LT trim levels with Tom Gill Chevrolet. View…