2014 Chevrolet Corvette vs. 2014 Porsche Cayman
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette vs. the 2014 Porsche Cayman
If you’re shopping for a sports coupe around Cincinnati this year, two of your top choices are the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray and the 2014 Porsche Cayman. While it might be obvious that, here at Tom Gill Chevrolet in Florence, we prefer the Chevy, there’s good reason for you to feel the same way. When it comes to performance, the Corvette wins. We think it looks better, too. What else could you ask for? Read on to find out more about how these two world-class sports cars really stack up:
- Power: The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is simply more powerful than the Cayman, even if you opt for the upgraded Cayman S. The Corvette cranks out 455 hp while the Cayman only makes 325 hp. Those horses certainly show up in straight-line performance.
- Performance: According to Edmunds, the Corvette does a 0 to 60 mph sprint in only 4.1 seconds, while the Cayman takes 4.6 seconds. Both are fast, but the Corvette is faster.
- Price: Even if you’re shopping for a premium performance car, it’s hard to argue with saving a few dollars! The Corvette’s base price is $51,000. The Cayman S starts at $63,800.
- Features: Despite the premium price, the Cayman is still an entry-level Porsche. With the Corvette, you get more. You get daytime running lamps, remote keyless start, and the OnStar Telematics system — all standard. The Cayman has no equivalent features in the base model.
- Fuel Economy: Sure, it’s not your priority in this segment, but it doesn’t hurt! The Corvette actually beats the Cayman S with 29 mpg on the highway. The Cayman S is rated at 28 mpg on the highway.
Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet
Come drive the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray and see for yourself why this is a world-class sports car. You won’t be disappointed. We’re located at 7830 Commerce Dr. in Florence, KY, just off I-71/I-74, so we’re easily accessible from Cincinnati and Milford, OH. Come visit us today!