2014 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2014 Ford Escape
The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox vs. the 2014 Ford Escape
These two vehicles represent the cream of the crop when it comes to crossover utility vehicles. Here at Tom Gill Chevrolet, your local Cincinnati area Chevy dealer, we think that that 2014 Chevy Equinox pulls easily away from the 2014 Ford Escape. Here are a few of the reasons why:
- Fuel Economy: Everybody’s top priority these days is fuel economy. If it’s your top priority you should go with the Equinox. Its direct injection four cylinder engine yields up to 32 mpg on the highway based on EPA estimates. That beats out the max 31 mpg on the Escape.
- Power: The base Equinox packs more of a punch than the base Escape. You get a 2.4L four-cylinder good for 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque, while the Escape gets a 2.5L four-cylinder only good for 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. Even the engine upgrade option on the Ford Escape doesn’t offer as much power as the base Equinox.
- Space: The Equinox gives you more head room, front and rear, and more rear leg room. That way even full-sized people in the back can sit comfortably.
- Features: The base Equinox is exceptionally well equipped. You get features like daytime running lights, all-season tires, aluminum wheels standard, and a trailer hitch receiver is available. The Escape gets none of those standard and some of those options aren’t even available on the base model.
- Interior: Inside the Equinox you’ll find features like Satellite radio, onboard handsfree communications system, an illuminated vanity mirror, and an auxiliary power outlet. You won’t find those features in the Escape.
- Warranty: With the Equinox you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with 100,000 miles and 5 years of powertrain coverage, while the Escape is only covered for 60,000 miles. You also get 36,000 miles and 3 years of rust protection with the Equinox—unavailable on the Escape—and 100,000 miles and 5 years of roadside assistance. The Escape lacks rust protection and only gets 60,000 miles and 5 years of roadside assistance coverage.
Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet
If you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle near Cincinnati then make sure you come and visit Tom Gill Chevrolet today. We’re located just a few minutes southwest at 8340 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY, and we have the Equinox in stock now.