2014 Chevrolet Malibu vs. 2014 Toyota Camry
As many Cincinnati drivers know, the battle of midsize sedans has long been fierce, and two of the most formidable competitors in this crowded class are the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu and the 2014 Toyota Camry. While both are fine vehicles, here at Tom Gill Chevy in Florence, KY, we believe that the Malibu pulls away from the Camry in a number of important ways. Here are some reasons we favor the American sedan:
- Efficiency: The first priority for many drivers these days is fuel economy. How much can I save on gas with the car that I buy? With the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu, you’ll save more at the pump. The Malibu gives you 36 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg in the city. The Camry tops out at 35 mpg highway and 25 mpg city.
- Power: Despite beating the Camry in the miles per gallon department, the Malibu also trounces the other car when it comes to power and performance. The base Malibu gets a 2.5L four-cylinder good for 196 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. The base Camry gets a 2.5L four-cylinder good for 178 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. Why not have your fun and save fuel, too?
- Space: The Malibu simply offers more headroom and legroom up front. For even the vertically gifted, the Malibu should remain spacious and comfortable.
- Warranty: While both manufacturers have a reputation for reliability, only Chevy really backs it up. With the Malibu, you get a 100,000 mile/5-year powertrain warranty. You also get 100,000 miles and 5 years of roadside assistance. The Camry only gets 60,000 miles and 5 years of powertrain coverage and 25,000 miles and 2 years of roadside assistance.
- Safety: Both get plenty of safety features, including anti-lock brakes, stability and traction control, plenty of airbags, and more. Only the Malibu gets OnStar telematics standard.
Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet Today!
If you’re in the market for a new sedan, you should certainly drive the new 2014 Chevrolet Malibu. We’re located at 7830 Commerce Dr. in Florence, KY, just minutes southwest of Cincinnati, OH via I-71/I-74. We hope to see you soon!