2014 Chevrolet Silverado vs. 2014 Ford F-150
The 2014 Chevrolet Silverado vs. the 2014 Ford F-150
If it’s time to replace your trusty pickup around Cincinnati, then make sure you check out the redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. The new Silverado will help you tackle tough jobs for years to come, and it offers high-tech features and impressive efficiency. Here at Tom Gill Chevrolet in Florence, KY, we’re proud to recommend the Silverado over its prime competitor, the 2014 Ford F-150. Here’s how they compare:
- Fuel Economy: The 2014 Chevrolet Silverado boasts fantastic fuel economy: 24 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg in the city when equipped with two-wheel drive and the standard V6. The similarly equipped Ford F-150 is only good for 23 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in the city.
- Power: The standard 4.3L V6 in the Silverado cranks out an impressive 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. The F-150 gets a 3.7L V6 that makes 302 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque. In a truck, torque is simply more important.
- Towing: The base Silverado has an impressive towing rating of 7,200 pounds max, while the Ford F-150 can only tow 6,400 pounds with its base engine. On the other side of the spectrum, the Silverado boasts a maximum towing capacity of 11,400 pounds when properly equipped — that’s 100 pounds more than the best the F-150 can do.
- Warranty: You want a truck that will last forever. While that’s not possible, Chevy does more to guarantee that you won’t have any worries with your new truck than Ford. The 2014 Silverado gets a 100,000-mile/5-year powertrain warranty, while the Ford gets 60,000 miles and 5 years. Chevy gives you 100,000 miles and 5 years of roadside assistance, while Ford only gives you 60,000 miles and 5 years.
- Telematics: The Silverado gives you OnStar standard — no telematics system comes with the base F-150. OnStar gives you enhanced roadside assistance, automatic accident notification, stolen vehicle tracking, and more.
Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet Today
We’re located just a quick trip southwest of Cincinnati via I-71/I-74, at 7380 Commerce Dr. in Florence, KY. We’re proud to offer the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, in addition to the rest of the remarkable Chevy lineup. Come visit us today to find your next vehicle!