The 2014 Chevy Cruze vs. the 2014 Chevy Malibu
If you are looking for a functional and affordable sedan that is loaded with features, style, and technologies, Chevy has two great options for you. Both the compact 2014 Chevy Cruze and the midsize 2014 Chevy Malibu give you more options than you will find with other automakers. For commuters, young professionals, smaller families, and travelers, either of these models is a great choice. Visit Tom Gill Chevrolet, your Cincinnati-area Chevy dealer, and decide which car is right for you.
Both Vehicles at a Glance
- Outstanding fuel economy as high as 46 mpg on the highway
- Stylish accents throughout the body design
- Bigger than average trunk for a cargo
- Exceptional safety scores from the NHTSA and IIHS
- Available turbocharged engine
- Spacious interior with plenty of head and legroom
The 2014 Chevy Malibu has a slightly starting price at $25,755. For the extra money, you get added space, an enhanced interior with more features, and a stronger engine. Ask yourself what you really want in a vehicle, and it will be clear which Chevy model is right for you.
Chevy understands what a burden gas prices are on today’s drivers. That is why they have designed both the Cruze and the Malibu to get exceptional fuel efficiency ratings no matter where you are driving. If you are feeling taxed at the pump, go with a Chevy model that can help you stretch your transportation budget a little further:
- Chevy Cruze LS – 25 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Cruze LT and LTZ – 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Cruze Diesel – 27 mpg in the city and 46 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Cruze Eco – 28 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Malibu – 25 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Malibu Eco – 25 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway
- Chevy Malibu 3LT and 2LZ – 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway
The Chevy Malibu is the stronger of the two vehicles, but as you learned in the previous section, the Cruze makes up for its smaller power numbers by delivering exceptional fuel economy. If you plan to spend a lot of miles on the road, especially in the city, the Cruze is probably the smart choice. If you need a vehicle that can muscle down the highway and handle heavier loads, go with the Malibu.
- Chevy Cruze LS – 1.8L four-cylinder that puts out 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque
- Chevy Cruze LT, LTZ, and Eco – Turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder that puts out 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque
- Chevy Cruze Diesel – Turbocharged 2.0L diesel four-cylinder that puts out 151 hp and 264 lb-ft of torque.
- Chevy Malibu – 2.5L four-cylinder that puts out 196 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque
- Chevy Malibu Eco – 2.4L four-cylinder paired with a small electric motor that puts out 184 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque
- Chevy Malibu 3LT and 2LZ – Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that puts out 259 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.
The Chevy Cruze offers a lot more standard features and available technology than you would expect to find in a vehicle this accessible. The Malibu astounds even further by rivaling entry-level luxury vehicles, but for at least $10,000 less. Here are some of the major features for both models:
- Chevy Cruze Standard Features – OnStar, keyless entry, Bluetooth connectivity, six-speaker sound system, trip computer.
- Available Chevy Cruze Features – Leather-wrapped steering wheel, rearview camera, heated seats, Chevy MyLink, foglights, alloy wheels, and many more
- Chevy Malibu Standard Features – Automatic headlights, cruise control, Bluetooth connectivity, air conditioner with humidity sensor, OnStar.
- Available Chevy Malibu Features – Sunroof, touchscreen display, satellite radio, remote start, dual-zone climate control, 120-volt power outlet, and many more.
Which Vehicle is Right for You?
- If you are looking for a new vehicle for a young driver, or you plan to do a lot of commuting, the affordable price and exceptional fuel economy of the 2014 Chevy Cruze make it a great option.
- If you have an average-sized family, need extra passenger and cargo room, or want maximum comfort and convenience behind the wheel, the 2014 Chevy Malibu is probably more suited to your needs.
Decide Which Chevy is Right for You at Tom Gill Chevy
You really can’t go wrong with either of these vehicles. To see both these vehicle in person and experience how they do on the road, visit Tom Gill Chevrolet at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY. We are located just 15 minutes from Cincinnati, right down I-75, and easy to find across from the City of Florence Golf Course. Test drive both of these great Chevy models, and find out once and for all which one works best for you.