2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van vs. 2017 RAM ProMaster City
2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van
2017 RAM ProMaster City
Convenience, capacity, and reliability are all hallmarks of the best cargo vans. Chevy knows this and offers all that and more with their line of City Express Cargo Vans. See what we mean as we compare the 2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van to the 2017 RAM ProMaster City Van below. We explore how its tight turning radius and enviable capacity can make your Florence and Covington, KY business hum, as well as which features keep you and your cargo safer and better connected while you work. When you’ve seen enough, stop by Tom Gill Chevrolet and slip behind the wheel of one of these impressive vans, and see what the Chevrolet City Express can do for your business.
When it comes to buying a cargo van that can get the job done, Chevy’s engineers have obviously put a lot of thought into what businesses really need:
- 2017 Chevy City Express Cargo Van: The Chevy City Express Cargo Van has a low load bed, measuring just 21.1 inches off the ground, allowing drivers to more easily load and unload even the heaviest cargo.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van: The Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van has a load bed that is more than two inches higher, measuring 23.3 inches high. This taller bed can cause significant issues when moving heavy boxes or awkward items all day long.
The Chevy City Express is designed to protect cabin occupants from harm in the event of an accident by offering advanced standard safety protections that Ram does not:
- 2017 Chevy City Express Cargo Van: Standard active head restraints move up and back in the event of a rear-end collision, providing support for the neck and back. This extra flexing of the seat helps to minimize the potential for whiplash and serious spinal injury.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van: The Ram ProMaster doesn’t offer a whiplash protection system, leaving drivers at the mercy of rigid seats in the event of a rear-end crash and putting then at risk of serious spinal injury.
Not only does the Chevy offer a better warranty protection plan than the Ram, but with 28 percent more Chevy dealers in the U.S., drivers will have an easier time getting the help they need when they need it:
- 2017 Chevy City Express Cargo Van: Chevy offers 6 years of corrosion perforation protection and 2 years of complimentary scheduled maintenance to keep the City Express Cargo in top working condition.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van: The Ram van only gives drivers 5 years of corrosion protection and, when it’s time to schedule maintenance, drivers will have to pay for any new parts and service calls themselves.
According to recent J.D. Power and Associates research, the Chevy line of vehicles was more reliable and brought drivers greater satisfaction than the Ram line of vehicles:
- 2017 Chevy City Express Cargo Van: In the J.D. Power’s 2016 study of initial quality, Chevy placed a solid sixth and held that placement over time, ranking sixth again in long-term reliability as well, placing it well above the industry average.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van: The Ram line of vehicles came in 18th place for initial quality – well below industry average — and only managed to come up to 8th place for long-term reliability.
When it comes to moving cargo from point A to point B, and getting around on tight urban streets, the Chevy Express does the job better than the Ram ProMaster can:
- 2017 Chevy City Express Cargo Van: The Chevy is equipped with a standard continuously variable automatic transmission for improved shifting and economy. Drivers can also look forward to tighter handling thanks to speed-sensitive variable power-assist steering for a responsive ride and a tight 36.7-foot turning radius.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van: The Ram doesn’t offer drivers access to a CVT transmission and, because the ProMaster cannot be equipped with variable power assist steering, drivers will have to wrestle with a 42-foot turning radius.
The 2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van Offers More Than the 2017 RAM ProMaster City Van to Florence and Covington, KY Drivers
To learn more about our comparison of the 2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van and the 2017 RAM ProMaster City Van and how it can impact your Florence and Covington, KY business, contact Tom Gill Chevrolet at 859-568-3214 or visit us at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY.