2017 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2017 Toyota RAV4
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
2017 Toyota RAV4
Midsized crossovers like the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2017 Toyota RAV4 are true all-purpose vehicles. They can carry everything and everyone in comfort while going just about anywhere. But a close comparison of these two models reveals that the Equinox delivers more of the uncompromising capabilities that are ideal for Florence and Cincinnati drivers. Learn more about the Equinox’s expansive offerings before heading to Tom Gill Chevrolet.
No matter which trim level you select, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox will save you thousands.
- Equinox: MSRP ranging from $23,100 to $30,040
- RAV4: MSRP ranging from $24,910 to $34,750
The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox offers you more standard power and significantly more available power.
- Equinox: The standard engine is a 2.4L four-cylinder that puts out 182 hp, but you also the option to drive with a 3.6L V6 under the hood that delivers 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque. With that engine, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- RAV4: The only available engine is a 2.5L four-cylinder that can muster just 172 hp and limits towing to 1,500 pounds.
The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox comes standard with advanced safety features that help protect you from the hazards of the road.
- Equinox: All trims come with OnStar, an emergency telematics system that will automatically notify emergency responders following a crash, connect you with roadside assistance providers, and help you track the vehicle if stolen.
- RAV4: While the RAV4 is equipped with useful safety features, you can’t take advantage of an emergency telematics system at any trim level.
Despite its lower price, the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox comes with more of the features that actually improve the quality of your driving experience.
- Equinox: The base trim comes with 17-inch alloy wheels that automatically give the vehicle an upscale look. The driver’s seat offers power adjustments for height and lumbar support, and the back seat both slides and reclines. This trim also comes with advanced technologies like a 7-inch touchscreen and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi signal that allows seven devices to simultaneously connect no matter where you are.
- RAV4: Standard features include dull-looking 17-inch steel wheels, a manually-adjustable driver’s seat, and a back seat that cannot slide to create extra room for passengers or cargo. You are also limited to a 6.1-inch touchscreen, and can’t get mobile internet access on any trim.
The 2017 Chevrolet Equinox Excels and Exceeds
Discover just how much this crossover has to offer at Tom Gill Chevrolet, located at 7830 Commerce Dr., Florence, KY. We are only 10 minutes from Cincinnati if you simply take I-71 south to Exit 181. Look for us across the highway from the City of Florence Golf Club, and please contact us if you have any questions.