2017 Chevrolet Express Cargo vs. 2017 Ram ProMaster
2017 Chevrolet Express Cargo
2017 Ram ProMaster
If you’ve been considering a new cargo van to get your business on the road, you’ve probably thought about the 2017 Chevy Express Cargo and the 2017 Ram ProMaster, but which one is right for your Florence or Covington business? We’ve asked the experts at Tom Gill Chevrolet to compare these two rugged cargo vans to see which one offers the better safety and performance features, and which has the better amenities for your car-buying dollar. Read on to see what we discovered, then stop by and see the new Chevy Express Cargo van in action to see why we think it’s an easy best buy.
When it comes to safety and security, the 2017 Chevy Express Cargo has more to offer Florence and Covington drivers:
- 2017 Chevy Express Cargo: The Chevy Express Cargo has 12.8-inch front and up to 13.5-inch rear rotors with vented front and rear disc brakes to ensure superior stoppage without fading. In addition, Chevy drivers can take advantage of the onboard OnStar system which provides concierge and roadside assistance service, as well as Automatic Crash Response, which allows the vehicle to contact emergency personnel and provide them with the vehicle’s location in the event of an accident.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster: The ProMaster has smaller, 11.8-inch front and 11-inch rear brakes, both with solid discs, which can make it difficult to stop the vehicle quickly in emergency conditions. The ProMaster also lacks a GPS response system, so if the vehicle is in an accident, help may be slow to arrive if the driver is incapacitated.
The Chevy Express Cargo delivers more power than the Ram ProMaster, making it ideal for jobs large and small:
- 2017 Chevy Express Cargo: The Express Cargo is powered by a standard 4.8L V8 engine capable of 285 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque. Drivers can also choose the 6.0L V8 engine for 342 hp and 373 lb.-ft. of torque and towing power of up to 10,000 pounds.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster: The Ram ProMaster has only one gasoline engine; the 3.6L V6 powerplant which creates just 280 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and can offer only 5,100 pounds of towing capability.
The Chevy Express gives drivers access to a number of convenience features designed to make the work day flow more smoothly:
- 2017 Chevy Express Cargo: Chevy offers the option of tilt steering for customizable driver seating, automatic headlight off so you don’t wind up with a dead battery, and a 120-volt rear power outlet to power tools and equipment.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster: The Ram ProMaster has only a fixed steering column, no automatic lighting feature and, if drivers want to power tools away from the office, they’ll need a generator to do it.
The 2017 Chevy Express Cargo offers drivers greater reliability than the 2017 Ram ProMaster, a fact that lead to higher customer satisfaction in a recent survey:
- 2017 Chevy Express Cargo: The Express van’s engine is built on a cast iron block for stability and long life. In recent J.D. Power and Associate’s surveys, this fact contributed to the Chevy’s ranking of 6th place for initial quality and long-term dependability.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster: The ProMaster’s V6 engine is built on an aluminum block, which is more likely to warp and crack under duress. This helped the Ram place 18th in initial quality and 8th in long-term customer satisfaction.
When it comes to providing service, the Chevy easily outclasses the Ram with better, more convenient service and superior warranty protection:
- 2017 Chevy Express Cargo: The Express Cargo not only offers drivers a standard 6-year warranty against corrosion, drivers can also expect free basic scheduled maintenance for the first two years after initial purchase, which helped the Chevy outsell the Ram by nearly two to one in 2016.
- 2017 Ram ProMaster: The ProMaster has a corrosion warranty that protects owners for just five years and, should the vehicle require service at any time, the owner is responsible for the charges and for finding a qualified service center. Since Chevy centers outnumber Ram centers by 43 percent, that could be something of a challenge to do.
See How the 2017 Chevy Express Cargo Can Take Your Florence and Covington Business to the Next Level
Now that you know how it outperforms a close competitor in its segment, explore the power and versatility of the 2017 Chevy Express Cargo and set your Florence and Covington business up for success. Contact Tom Gill Chevrolet at (855) 977-0189or stop by our showroom at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY to learn more.