2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van vs. 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van
2017 Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van
2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van
Drivers searching for the perfect passenger van for their home or business have an excellent option in the Chevrolet Express. The Express offers class-leading power, performance, and amenities, all in an easily customizable package. To demonstrate this vehicle’s power and capability, we’ve compared the 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van to the 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van. When it comes to the design and features Florence and Covington, KY drivers need, the Chevy Express delivers more and does it with style. Check it out here, then stop by Tom Gill Chevrolet today to slide behind the wheel of one of these workhorses in person.
The Chevy Express Passenger Van offers drivers more power right out of the gate, as well as multiple engine options to customize the van and give it as much get-up-and-go as any business could hope for:
- 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van: The van’s base engine is a 4.8L V8 SFI powerplant that delivers 285 hp. Drivers can also choose to upgrade to the 6.0 L V8 engine for as much as 342 hp, or the 2.8L diesel motor for up to 369 lb.-ft. of peak torque for maximum pulling power.
- 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van: The RAM van is equipped with either a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine that delivers as much as 280 hp or drivers can opt for the 3.0L EcoDiesel for as much as 295 lb.-ft. of torque.
Chevrolet vehicles have a reputation for reliability, and the Chevy Express passenger van is no exception, coming in much higher on recent J.D. Power and Associate’s studies than the RAM did:
- 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van: The Chevy line of vehicles placed 6th in a recent study of initial quality. When long-term owners, those who had used the vehicle more than three years, were polled, Chevy remained solidly in the top six delivering a reliable ride that performed well above the industry average.
- 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van: RAM vehicles rank 18th in initial quality in J.D. Power’s studies, which is well below the industry average for all vehicles. When questioned about their driving experience after three years or ownership, owners failed to place the RAM in the top six for reliability and satisfaction, putting it well below the Chevy line of vehicles.
The Chevy van’s powerful engine does more than move it from A to B faster; it can help you bring more of your gear with you as well by offering drivers greater towing capability than the RAM:
- 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van: The Chevy Express Passenger Van has a maximum towing capacity of as much as 9,600 pounds – more than enough to haul a camper or a trailer loaded with toys to a favorite outdoor destination.
- 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van: The RAM ProMaster window can only manage 5,100 pounds of cargo – meaning drivers will only be able to take the basics when they head out for adventure.
When it comes to keeping drivers connected to the content that matters to them, the Chevy clearly understands what it takes:
- 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van: The Chevy Express offers drivers standard 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability that allows passengers to connect as many as seven devices for access to music, news, and streaming media on the go.
- 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van: The ProMaster does not offer drivers Wi-Fi access within the vehicle, so if passengers want to stream their favorite content, they’ll need to use their device data to do so.
Drivers have access to a variety of advanced safety features when they choose a Chevy vehicle, far more than the RAM can offer:
- 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van: The OnStar safety system delivers access to concierge service and roadside assistance, as well as Automatic Crash Response, which, when properly equipped can notify emergency personnel of the vehicle’s location in the event of a crash, even if the driver is unresponsive.
- 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van: The RAM van has no automatic emergency response system, so in the event of an accident, it could take far longer for help to arrive.
See How the 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van Offers More than the 2017 RAM ProMaster to Florence and Covington, KY Drivers
To learn more about our head-to-head comparison of the 2017 Chevrolet Express Passenger Van and the 2017 RAM ProMaster Passenger Van, and to see how it can set your Florence or Covington, KY business apart, contact the experts at Tom Gill Chevrolet at 859-371-7566 or visit us at 7830 Commerce Drive in Florence, KY.