The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. the 2017 Nissan Titan
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2017 Nissan Titan
If you’re a driver who depends on the uncompromising capabilities of a full-sized pickup, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and the 2017 Nissan Titan are both worth considering. But the specs reveal that the Silverado is better equipped to go anywhere and do anything while also serving as a capable daily driver. Explore the comparison below, and if you’re more impressed by the Silverado, check it out in person at Tom Gill Chevrolet in Florence, just 10 minutes from Cincinnati.
Specs aside, it will cost you thousands of dollars less to start driving a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:
- Silverado 1500: MSRP starting at $27,485
- Titan: MSRP starting at $34,780
In all the ratings that really matter to pickup drivers, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers better numbers.
- Silverado 1500: You have three different engine options to choose from. If power is your priority, a 6.2L V8 puts out 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque and allows the Silverado to tow up to 12,200 pounds. If fuel efficiency matters more to you, a 4.3L V8 engine gets 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway while still delivering lots of power.
- Titan: The only available engine is a 5.6L V8 that generates 390 hp and 394 lb-ft of torque, can only tow 9,390 pounds, and receives fuel-efficiency ratings no higher than 15 mpg city and 21 mpg highway.
Nissan has announced plans to introduce a greater number of cab and bed options, but at the time of launch there are far less than the 2017 Silverado 1500.
- Silverado 1500: Choose between a regular, double, or crew cab, and a short, standard, or long box.
- Titan: A crew cab and short box are the only options, severely limiting how much cargo you can carry.
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is available with features designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s pickup drivers.
- Silverado 1500: Wireless device charging is available so you can keep your phone, computer, or tablet battery charged without resorting to a tangle of wires. You can also access a 4G LTE Wi-Fi signal through the OnStar system so you are always connected.
- Titan: You will not find either of these features on any trim.
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Proves its Superiority
Why pay more to get a pickup with disappointing performance, limited configurations, and a bland list of features? Discover for yourself just how much the Silverado 1500 has to offer at Tom Gill Chevrolet, located at 7830 Commerce Dr., Florence, KY. To reach us from Cincinnati, simply take I-71 to Exit 181. Contact us if you have any questions.