2017 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2017 Honda Fit
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
2017 Honda Fit
Compact cars like the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2017 Honda Fit offer the kinds of utility and value drivers in Cincinnati and beyond are looking for. But if your goal is to save money on your next new car while also getting more amenities overall, you will want to go with the Sonic over the Fit. Explore the head-to-head comparison below before checking out the Sonic in person at Tom Gill Chevrolet in Florence.
If you want to spend hundreds of dollars less and get more features for the price, the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic will save you big:
- Sonic: The MSRP starts at an accessible $15,145.
- Fit: The MSRP for the Honda hatch starts higher at $15,990.
Just because you want to drive a smaller car does not mean you have to sacrifice on power. The 2017 Sonic offers a much more compelling driving experience:
- Sonic: The base engine is a 1.8L four-cylinder that puts out 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. You also have the option to upgrade to a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder that also puts out 138 hp, but boosts power to 148 lb-ft of torque. With that engine equipped, you can go from 0-60 mph in only 8.4 seconds.
- Fit: This car is only available with a single engine option, a 1.5L four-cylinder that produces an underwhelming 130 hp and 114 lb-ft of torque. You will not be able to go from 0-60 mph any faster than 8.8 seconds.
Safety is a major concern in a smaller vehicle. Luckily, the Chevrolet Sonic does more to keep you safe and secure:
- Sonic: All trims come with a driver knee airbag to protect the lower body, and the OnStar telematics system which automatically connects you with assistance on the road.
- Fit: You will not find a knee airbag on any trim, and a telematics system is only available on more expensive trims.
Despite its lower price, the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic comes with a more impressive list of standard features.
- Sonic: The base trim comes with LED running lights, remote locking and unlocking, and a 7-inch touchscreen with Android and Apple app integration, and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection.
- Fit: The base trim comes with no running lights and only standard locks. It has a 5-inch display screen without smartphone app integration or a Wi-Fi signal.
Discover the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic at Tom Gill Chevrolet
The 2017 Chevrolet Sonic is truly one of the most surprising and exciting cars on the road. Take it for a tour and test drive at Tom Gill Chevrolet, located at 7830 Commerce Dr. in Florence, KY. If you are coming from the Cincinnati area, simply take I-71 to Exit 181. Feel free to contact us for more information.