Thinking about purchasing a used car for sale in Cincinnati, OH or nearby, but worried about potential service or maintenance costs that accompany high-mileage vehicles? You’re probably wondering “what is good mileage for a used car?”. We have the answers here at Tom Gill Chevrolet! Learn what to look for when buying a used vehicle and contact us if you have any questions along the way!
What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car in Florence?
The average American driver travels around 10,000-12,000 miles every year in their car, but new vehicles are holding up longer than older ones, so if you’re thinking about what a good mileage for a used car is, you should also consider these factors:
- Vehicle Year: Many cars today can last for well over 100,000 miles, and even past 200,000 miles, so mileage isn’t as important a marker of vehicle condition as it once was.
- Mileage vs. Age: A vehicle that is two years old with 50,000 miles on it may be in worse shape than a 7 year old vehicle with 75,000 miles on it if the former vehicle has been neglected and the latter has been driven more in a shorter span of time but well-maintained.
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance: Regular maintenance, or preventative maintenance as its sometimes called, is key when looking for a good used car.
Other things to Think About When Purchasing Pre-Owned
- Vehicle History Report: How do you know if a car has had regularly scheduled maintenance? Vehicle history reports. How about collisions, police records, and DMV records? Yes, vehicle history reports can make you aware of these things, too, making them extremely valuable when buying a used vehicle near Covington or Independence.
- Model Generation: Check out review websites like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds.com to see which model generations for a particular vehicle are the most and least dependable. Often, newer model-year vehicles within a generation have more issues, but that’s not always the case.
- Location: Cars in drier or hotter climates are often in better shape than climates that are very humid or have harsh winters prone to road salt and rust-inducing conditions.
- Foreign Luxury Car Brands: While foreign luxury car brands can require costlier parts or labor, making them potentially more expensive as used cars than vehicles from other makes, they also often provide good certified pre-owned programs.
Entrust Tom Gill Chevrolet with Your Used Car Needs
Ready to find low-mileage used cars for sale near Cincinnati, OH? Save more on a dependable used car for sale when you shop with us here at Tom Gill Chevrolet! Browse our large used and CPO inventory or check out our used cars under $20k. Either way, we’ll get you into the car, truck, or SUV that best meets your needs sometime soon!